Title: WOMEN RISE FOR ALL at COP28
Date: 4 December 2023
Launched at the height of the pandemic by the United Nations Deputy Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed, Women Rise For All is an initiative that highlights the leadership of women in a world facing multiple crises, including the climate emergency.
The initiative has continued to evolve, with the aim of becoming a gateway that connects leaders to different networks around the world, and to the United Nations.
With women’s leadership networks continuing to gain visibility and leverage, the “Women Rise for All Women at #COP28” event will feature a discussion with influential women climate leaders, acknowledging their transformational leadership in climate action, taking action to keep 1.5C target of the Paris Agreement alive, saving lives, and protecting livelihoods.
This 45-minute discussion will highlight how women leaders are scaling up solutions for people and planet.
- Annemarie Hou, Executive Director, UN Office of Partnerships
- Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Ms. Ayisha Siddiqa, Member of the SG’s Youth Advisory Group on Climate Change
- Ms. Oumy Gueye, Award-winning Senegalese musician and activist
- Ms. Melanie Nakagawa, Chief Sustainability Officer, Microsoft
- Ms. Tasneem Essop, Executive Director of Climate Action Network